Wednesday 6 May 2020

Age old problems

How many people do you know who have had a birthday in lockdown? I had mine at the beginning of April - it was a very unusual celebration! Anyway, here's a maths challenge about ages. Read them carefully and post any answers in the comments. If you can't comment, send your answer to debeauvoirprimaryschool@gmail.com and we'll post it for you. Check back for answers tomorrow.
You'll need to remember what square and cube numbers are so, if you've forgotten, check out this page here
Thursday Update
1. I am 56 years old (or possibly 104)
2. I am 26 years old now. In 36 years time, when I am 64, my age will be both a square number and a cube.
3. I am 9 years old.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms Elliott,
    1) 56 - multiple of 8 and 7 is 56
    2) She is 26 now - she has to wait 38 years till she's both a square and a cube age
    3) She is 9 years old now 9 + 27 = 36 mums age

    ReplyDelete